StepALIVE! Results and Winners
StepALIVE! 2021 exceeded its fundraising goal with over $71,860 on October 17th.
- AGUDAS ACHIM CONGREGATION with $2,497.47 as the Congregation with the Most Dollars Raised and Recipient of the Congregational Cup
- RESURRECTION with 43 members as the Congregation with the Largest Team
Community Group Winners:
- TEAM CHERYL with $4,095.00 as the Community Group with the Most Dollars Raised
- TEAM EHS with 14 members as the Community Group with the Largest Team
All results and winners were determined as of October 17, 2021 at 3:45 PM.
Next ALIVE! Board Meeting – December 7 at 7:00 PM
The next ALIVE! Board meeting is Tuesday, December 7th at 7:00 PM. An agenda and read-ahead materials will be sent prior to the meeting.
Pavement Services Needed
First Christian Church (where the ALIVE! administrative offices are housed) needs the front entrance driveway repaved. Looking for a donation or discounted rate. Contact Pastor Tim Bobbitt at firstname.lastname@example.org.
ALIVE! House Application
ALIVE! House is accepting applications for new residents. As a member congregation, you can refer a family to ALIVE! House. Request the application from Danien Johnson at email@example.com.
Meet with AEPP staff in-person for immediate assistance. The complete list of times and locations for October – December 2021 are available on the AEPP webpage.
- Every Tuesday from 10:00 AM – 2:00 PM alternating between Charles Houston Rec Center (901 Wythe Street) and William Ramsay Rec Center (5650 Sanger Avenue). Get the flyer.
- Every Thursday from 10:00 AM – 12:00 PM at Casa Chirilagua (4109 Mt Vernon Avenue).
Bag Food with Your Congregation
Bringing friends is always more fun! Join us in a group bagging event with your congregation. For more information and dates available, please contact Liza Feiler at firstname.lastname@example.org.
ALIVE! collects food donations Thursdays 3:00 – 7:00 PM and Saturdays 9:00 AM – 12:00 PM at 801 S. Payne Street. Donations must be from the current list of Accepted Food Donations. Visit the Food Program webpage page for details.
Click the hyperlink for the –> ALIVE! Food Distribution Calendar (OCTOBER 2021) <– Get the entire month’s calendar of ALIVE! food distributions. Calendar subject to change.
Weekend Food Distribution
- Saturday, October 30 from 8:30-10:30 AM at Cora Kelly Elementary School (3600 Commonwealth Ave), NOVA Alexandria (lot B-1 via Dawes Ave), and William Ramsay Rec Center (5650 Sanger Ave).
- Thursday, October 21 from 4:30 – 6:00 PM at Hammond Middle School back of school at gym entrance (4646 Seminary Rd.)
List of Needed Items updated. Check back regularly as the list can change as our inventory changes. Visit the Housewares webpage for the list of accepted items.
Send all Housewares referrals to email@example.com with the following information:
- Client’s name, address, cell number, and email if possible
- Number of adults and children (with ages) in the home
- List of needed kitchen items, dinnerware, appliances, bed and bath linens
ALIVE! in the News and on Social Media
Visit the ALIVE! Newsroom on our website for news articles featuring ALIVE!’s work in the community.
- ALIVE! Press Release – The 40th Annual StepALIVE! Walkathon to Benefit All ALIVE! Programs
- Support ALIVE! By Joining the 40th Annual StepALIVE! Walkathon This Sunday, Oct. 17 (Zebra Press, October 13, 2021)
- ALIVE! Walkathon (Alexandria Gazette, October 13, 2021 edition page 4)
Don’t miss out on daily ALIVE! social media posts. No need to have an account to see what’s happening. Click on the hyperlinks below to view.
Resource: Food & Friends Accepting New Clients in Washington Metro Area
Food & Friends works with residents who are living with cancer, HIV/AIDS, diabetes and other illnesses by providing free, medically-tailored meals and or other supports. They serve clients in the following jurisdictions:
- Washington, D.C.
- Maryland: Calvert, Frederick, Montgomery, Prince George’s. St. Mary’s, and Washington counties
- Virginia counties: Arlington, Fairfax, King George, Loudoun, Prince William, Spotsylvania, and Stafford
- Virginia cities: Alexandria, Fairfax, Falls Church, Fredericksburg, Manassas, and Manassas Park
Click the hyperlink to -> Get the flyer <- for Food & Friends’ Client Referral Process and services.