Volunteer with ALIVE!
ALIVE! depends greatly on our volunteers to assist with a variety of tasks such as food distribution, administrative assistance, and translators. Corporate groups, schools, service hours, and days of service welcome.
VOLUNTEER LOGIN REGISTER TO VOLUNTEER
Current Volunteer Opportunities
Thursday, October 13th
Pop-up! Food Distributors |4:00 pm-6:00 pm | Children ages 15-17yrs must be accompanied by an adult.
Ramsay Rec Center (5650 Sanger Ave)
Friday, October 14th
Pop-up! Food Distributors | 4:00 pm-6:00 pm | Children ages 15-17yrs must be accompanied by an adult.
Casa Chirilagua (4109 Mt Vernon Ave)
Sunday, October 16th
StepALIVE! 5-mile Walk- Volunteer | 1:00 pm-5:00 pm | Children ages 15-17yrs must be accompanied by an adult. First Christian Church (2723 King St). Multiple volunteer tasks available: registration table attendant, raffle station, snacks station, course marshal, finish line, parking lot attendant.
Friday, October 21st
Warehouse Rearrange | 801 S. Payne Street|9:00 am-12:00 pm & 1:00 pm- 4:00 pm
Saturday, October 29th
Food Distributors, Traffic Marshalls & Translators | 3 Locations | 7:30 am-11:30 am | Children ages 15-17yrs must be accompanied by an adult.
NVCC Alexandria- (5000 Dawes Avenue -Donald L. Bisdorf Building, Parking Lot B)
Cora Kelly ES-(3600 Commonwealth Ave)
William Ramsay Rec. Center-(5650 Sanger Ave)
Saturday, October 29th
Drivers-Saturday Food Distributions | 6:30 am-11:30 am | Must be 21yrs old to participate. Report to 801 South Payne Street
Saturday, October 1st, 8th, 22nd
Furniture Moving Attendant 801 South Payne Street | Proof of COVID Vaccine required | Children ages 15-17yrs must be accompanied by an adult. Saturdays 8:00 am – 1:00 pm
Ongoing Volunteer Needs
West End Food Hub Assistant
510 F S. Van Dorn Street | Must be 18yrs old to participate.
Tuesday Thru Thursday-11:30a-2:30p, 2:00p-4:30p, 4:00p-6:30p
Friday & Saturday 9:45a-12:45p
West End Food Hub Driver
Report to 801 S. Payne Street | Must be 21Yrs old to participate.
Tuesday & Wednesday-10:30 am-11:00 am
Thursday 10:30am-11:00 am & 2:30 pm-3:30 pm
Friday 1:00 pm-1:30 pm
Warehouse | 801 S. Payne Street | Must be 18Yrs old to participate.
Monday 9:00 am-12:00 pm
Tuesdays thru Friday 10:00 am-2:00 pm
Tuesdays & Thursdays12:00 pm-4:00 pm
Saturday 9:00am-12:00 pm & 11:00 am-2:00 pm
Ongoing- Food Sorting And Packing
Bus Barn |116 S. Quaker Lane | Children ages 15-17yrs must be accompanied by an adult.
Tuesday Thru Thursday 9:00 am-12:00 pm & 1:00 pm-4:00 pm
- Volunteers must sign up in advance and report on-time
- Volunteers wear closed-toe shoes
- Follow current CDC guidelines when volunteering for ALIVE! Please read and review ALIVE! COVID Safety Guidelines
- If volunteering for any community service hours, please contact ALIVE!’s volunteer manager prior to your shift
- Adults accompanying minors must sign a waiver for each minor. Parents with children under the age of 12 should contact ALIVE!’s Volunteer coordinator in advance about participation in general volunteer activities
- Minors ages 15-17 must be accompanied by an adult for the duration of volunteer activities at the Bus Barn and Weekend Food Distributions
- Adults ages 18 and above may volunteer at food distribution sites
Contact us at email@example.com
REGISTER TO VOLUNTEER