Current Job Opportunities at ALIVE!
Food Program Coordinator
This is a full-time temporary position through April 30, 2021.
ALIVE! is seeking a Food Community Coordinator, to support ALIVE! in its ability to respond to the community during the emergent situation associated with COVID-19. The roles this job encompass, but are not limited to, include community outreach and coordination to help provide basic need services in alignment with ALIVE!’s mission, volunteer management, scheduling deliveries, inventory and logistics management, event planning and execution, and working across organizational departments and with volunteer leadership to ensure knowledge is shared interdepartmentally. This position reports to the Food Program Director.
This is an on-site, public facing position. The ideal candidate will be able to communicate well in writing and in person. S/he will be a savvy communicator, quick-learner, willing to collaborate and adaptable to changing circumstances. S/he should be adept at using online tools and will be proficient with MS Office. Experience in logistics, warehouse management, and volunteer management or event planning and execution is a plus.
The position requires managing food distribution events including, but not limited to, Truck-to-Trunk COVID-19 Emergency Food Mass Distribution, held on Saturdays twice monthly, and weekly neighborhood mobile pop-ups, under the supervision of the Food Program Director.
This position requires a fair amount of physical labor; the ideal candidate must have experience with operating both a manual and electric pallet jack, electric stacker, a box truck lift gate, or be willing to learn, and be able to lift and carry up to 60-pound boxes to pack and load/unload food daily. The position requires driving the ALIVE! fleet, including 16’ box trucks and van. The position is co-located between two locations (close proximity); these facilities are warehouses with minimal no heating or air conditioning. Work is also performed outside in inclement and/or hot/cold weather.
- Get-It-Done attitude/ ability to take initiative
- Ability to manage detailed information and process and report on data and outcome measures
- Ability to be flexible in rapidly changing conditions, based on current economic and food-insecurity conditions
- Ability to communicate effectively with a diverse set of community stakeholders
- Ability to understand and manage inventory and distributions in conjunction with the Food Program Director
- Ability to effectively represent the needs of the organization to outside organizations
- Experience working with or managing volunteers
- Ability to work as a team member and independently
- Familiarity with the city of Alexandria a plus
- Bilingual in Spanish is a plus
- Prior experience with a non-profit and/or food mission preferred
Job Duties May Include:
- Engage with ALIVE! Community Partners and Member Congregations to coordinate food needs and/or logistics
- Manage volunteers to pack and distribute more than 4,000 bags of food weekly
- Manage loading of food and supplies and other preparations for major food distribution events; includes working evenings and weekends
- Coordinates with team members on logistics and food deliveries to community partners
- Ability to assign and manage volunteer leaders to coordinate food distribution events and communicate with Truck-to-Trunk Site Leaders and Line Managers
- Coordinate with the City Emergency Operations Center and others as directed
- Support or manage aspects of the Quarantine Food Program for COVID-19 positive patients’ households
- Restocking shelves and supporting the Family Assistance home delivery program
- Data entry for internal and USDA reporting
- Coordinate with food suppliers and third-party vendors for food purchases and administrative needs
- Reports to and works with Food Program Director and other Food Program team members and ALIVE! staff
Please send resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org. This is a temporary position, with FTE salary exempt equivalent range of $40,000-$50,000 per year depending on qualifications. The position is funded through April 30, 2021. Position starts immediately.