Please note: Both Food Hubs will be closed on December 16th and December 22nd through January 4th.
The ALIVE! Food Hub offers City of Alexandria residents:
• food • personal items • cleaning supplies • school supplies • community • connections to information on other services
West End ALIVE! Food Hub
(510-F South Van Dorn Street)
Tuesdays 11am – 6pm (Closed 2pm – 3pm)
Wednesdays 11am – 6pm (Closed 2pm – 3pm)
Thursdays 11am – 6pm (Closed 2pm – 3pm)
Saturdays 10am – 2pm
Del Ray ALIVE! Food Hub
(2601 Mt Vernon Avenue)
Tuesdays 12pm – 6pm (Closed 2pm – 3pm)
Wednesdays 12pm – 6pm (Closed 2pm – 3pm)
Thursdays 12pm – 6pm (Closed 2pm – 3pm)
Saturdays 10am – 2pm
Please note that both Food Hubs will be closed on October 28th, November 18th, and December 16th.
December ALIVE! Food Distribution Schedule (PDF)
Food Hub Process:
1. Check in. Welcome! Check in at the front desk. At your first visit you will be issued an ALIVE! Food card with a number. On return visits, you will show your ALIVE! card at check-in.
2. Get information on other services. ALIVE! offers assistance with a variety of services including rental assistance, food security and connections to other city and community services. Learn about other services and make an appointment, if necessary.
3. Shop for your groceries. Based on your household size, you will be able to choose items from a selection in various categories. This will allow you to choose foods that your household prefers. Your shopping assistant will guide you through the process.
4. Check out! Weigh items with your food assistant and package your items for transport to your home.
Food Hub Sample Selections for 4-Person Household:
• 2 packages of meat/poultry
• 4-6 produce items
• 2 packages of rice or pasta
• 2 dozen eggs
• 2 cans each of soup, tomato product, meat/fish, peanut butter
• 4 cans each of beans & vegetables
• 2 dairy items
• 2 bread/bakery products
• Plus special items!
ALIVE! can offer assistance or connections to other services, such as rental assistance, emergency family assistance, and food delivery for the elderly, persons with a disability, and single parents.
Would you like to make an appointment to talk more about any of the following services?
- SNAP Eligibility
- Immigration/Legal Services
Call us at 703-837-9300 or send us an email at email@example.com
ALIVE! Food Card Frequently Asked Questions
How do I qualify for food?
Everyone who lives in the City of Alexandria is able to receive food from ALIVE! at the Food Hub, last Saturday distribution events, or pop-ups.
What kind of documents do I need to bring to get my ALIVE! card?
To get your ALIVE! card, you will need to bring a bill, letter, or something that has proof that you live in the City of Alexandria. This could even be a letter that is addressed to you.
If I don’t have an ALIVE! card, can I still get food?
Yes, you can still get food at ALIVE!’s distribution events without a card. Starting in June 2023, if you don’t have an ALIVE! card you will be able to get one right on site at the distribution and get your food at the same time.
Why has ALIVE! started asking me these questions?
ALIVE! works with many partner organizations that provide food that we distribute. They have started to require the data that we are now asking for in order to continue to provide food. Additionally, this data helps ALIVE! to better serve you – make sure we have enough pop-up events, and are hosting them in the right places.
What are the questions I will be asked to get an ALIVE! card and when I go for food?
Have you been to this distribution before?
Do you have an ALIVE! Food Hub Card?
Are you enrolled in SNAP/EBT?
How many people are in your household?
How many of the people in your household are children, and what are their ages?
How many people in your household are seniors (over the age of 60)?
How many people in your household are veterans (served in the American Armed Forces)?
In what zip code / postal code do you reside?
ALIVE! Food Hub is closed on Sundays and Mondays and all federal holidays.
In inclement weather, ALIVE! follows Alexandria City Public Schools (ACPS) guidelines for inclement weather policies.
ALIVE! is an equal opportunity USDA food provider. ALIVE! does not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity (including gender expression), sexual orientation, disability, marital status, family/parental status, income derived from a public assistance program, political beliefs, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity, in any program or activity conducted or funded by USDA. To file a food program complaint of discrimination, access the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form.