During this National Emergency, ALIVE! understands that those who are not suffering from the virus or who may have already recovered from the virus, may want to help. However, all volunteer activities should adhere to critical health and safety protocols in order to protect volunteers, residents, clients, and service agencies.
Do not volunteer if you have:
- Experienced symptoms that could be related to COVID-19 in the last 14 days
- Been around anyone who has COVID-19 in the last 14 days
- Traveled to any foreign country in the last 14 days
- Been on a cruise or been in an airport in the last 14 days
- Been to an event where more than 50 people were in attendance in the last 14 days
- Been in frequent contact with people in the higher-risk categories for the virus
Clean and wash your hands before, during, and after volunteering for a minimum of 20 seconds.
Bring your own hand sanitizer and mask.
Cover your cough and sneezes with your elbow or tissue.
If soap and water are not readily available, use a hand sanitizer.
Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
Maintain the social distancing of 6ft apart ESPECIALLY when interacting with general public through meal pickups and deliveries.
Shifts or opportunities may be cancelled; especially volunteer opportunities working with the vulnerable populations or due to the weather.
Face masks are mandatory. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) recommends wearing cloth face coverings in public settings where other social distancing measures are difficult to maintain, especially in areas of significant community-based transmission.