Old Town Festival of Speed & Style
ALIVE! is the proud beneficiary of the Old Town Festival of Speed and Style taking place on its new date of May 16, 2021. Register Today!
All volunteers and attendees are required to wear a mask, follow all current Covid-19 restrictions, and observe social distancing of 6 feet.
Time: 10 am – 3 pm
Location: 100-300 block of King Street.
More Information: www.festivalspeedstylealex.com
Volunteers are needed for the full time period of 8:15 am to 4:00 pm. Must be 16 years of age or older. Each volunteer will get a t-shirt/hat to identify themselves as part of the event. Volunteers will be paired with an OTFS&S staff (block manager) to perform the following duties:
- Remind attendees to follow the current Covid-19 restrictions; COVID protocol signs at each entrance, including that all attendees to the festival are required to wear a mask.
- Offer free masks at each entry point for those who came without
- Point out hand sanitizer stations
- Staff designated entry points and exit points at major predetermined areas
- Ask attendees to present their Eventbrite entry ticket at the entrance point
- Handout the event program to attendees
- Encourage one-way pedestrian travel, promoting travel in the direction of normal two-way car traffic
- Handout the swag bags and owner program to the car owners
- Help to guide the cars to their spots, maintain direction of traffic flow, etc.
- Help car owners with their windshield placards
- Clean up during and after the event, pick up trash from the sidewalk and street
- Command tent setup and stocking, cleanup at end of the event
- Help owners and staff to keep public from leaning on or entering cars