Welcome Alleyne AME Zion Church
Alleyne AME Zion Church led by Rev. Patrick A. Barrett, II joins us as the 48th ALIVE! member congregation. Please welcome congregational representative Terra Morgan at Tymorgan0519@outlook.com.
ALIVE! Board Meeting – October 5 at 7:00 PM
The next ALIVE! Board meeting will be held on Tuesday, October 5th at 7:00 PM via Zoom. Full agenda, Zoom link, attachments, etc. will be provided closer to the meeting date.
StepALIVE! Member Congregation Sponsorship Available
Member Congregation sponsorship is $250 and gets your congregation’s name on the StepALIVE! T-shirt. Visit www.stepalivewalk.org and click the SPONSORS tab to pay the sponsorship fee online, or mail in a check with the Congregational Sponsorship Agreement. Pick-up printed copies of the General flyer and Sponsor flyer at the ALIVE! main office. Contact Lauren Poon at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Marketing Materials about ALIVE!
Pick up print copies of ALIVE! marketing materials for your congregation to post on its bulletin boards. Stop by the ALIVE! main office to pick up Get Help Today flyer, AEPP information card, ALIVE! information card, and ALIVE! Wire – Summer 2021.
Volunteer Opportunities This Fall
With the holidays around the corner, ALIVE! invites groups to join us in bagging food, delivering groceries, sorting, and so much more! Contact Liza Feiler at email@example.com.
Donate Cleaning Supplies
St. Stephen’s & St. Agnes School continues to support ALIVE! by collecting cleaning supplies at their Welcome Back to school event on September 11th. We will be handing out the donated items at weekly food pop-ups. If you would like to continue the mission, contact Liza Feiler at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Pavement Services Needed
First Christian Church (where the ALIVE! administrative offices are housed) needs the front entrance driveway repaved. Looking for a donation or discounted rate. Contact Pastor Tim Bobbitt at email@example.com.
ALIVE! collects food donations Thursdays 3:00 – 7:00 PM and Saturdays 9:00 AM – 12:00 PM at 801 S. Payne Street. Donations must be from the current list of Accepted Food Donations. Visit ALIVE! Food page for details.
Weekend Food Distribution
- Saturday, September 25 from 8:30-10:30 AM at Cora Kelly Elementary School (3600 Commonwealth Ave), NOVA Alexandria (lot B-1 via Dawes Ave), and William Ramsay Rec Center (5650 Sanger Ave).
- Monday, September 20 from 4:30 – 6:00 PM at Morgan Properties, The Pavilion at Mark Center (5708 Merton Ct)
- Friday, October 1 from 4:30 – 6:00 PM at NOVA Juvenile Detention Center (200 S. Whiting St)
Volunteer opportunities for ALIVE! food distributions available through September. Sign up online HERE. Congregations and groups interested in volunteering, contact Liza Feiler at firstname.lastname@example.org
List of Needed Items updated. Check back regularly as the list can change as our inventory changes. Visit the ALIVE! Housewares webpage for the list of accepted items.
Send all Housewares referrals to email@example.com with the following information:
- Client’s name, address, cell number, and email if possible
- Number of adults and children (with ages) in the home
- List of needed kitchen items, dinnerware, appliances, bed and bath linens
ALIVE! in the News and on Social Media
Visit the ALIVE! Newsroom on our website for news articles featuring ALIVE!’s work in the community.
- ALIVE! is a nonprofit finalist for the Chamber ALX Best in Business 2021 Awards ceremony is October 20 at 6:00 p.m. Tickets on sale now.
Don’t miss out on daily ALIVE! social media posts. No need to have an account to see what’s happening. Click on the hyperlinks below to view.
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/alive4alexandria
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/alive4alexandria/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/ALIVE4AlexVA
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/alive4alexandria/
Resources: Community Health Improvement Plan (CHIP)
Alexandria’s Community Health Improvement Plan 2025 is here! As the world has changed pretty dramatically over this time, the need for engaged community members is more important than ever. Read through the full plan and share it widely with your networks.