ALIVE! Program Wish Lists
Some of our programs currently need various items:
ALIVE! House Wish List
- Laundry detergent
- Toilet paper
- Baby wipes
- Baby wash
- Baby lotion
- Trash bags
- Cleanersbathroom and kitchen
If you are able to donate any of these items, please call ALIVE! House (703-684-1430) or email
Family Emergency Program Wish List (Food Donations)
What food do we need?
Nonperishable food is always welcome, and the following types of food are especially important:
- Canned meat (tuna, chicken, beef stew, etc.)
- Canned vegetables, beans, soups, and fruits
- Peanut Butter (and jelly!)
- Multiple meal staples such as rice, spaghetti, and other forms of pasta
- Macaroni and cheese
- Granola bars and healthy snacks for children
- Please consider healthy alternatives such as low-sodium soups, tuna packed in water, no-sugar-added fruits, etc.
How can you donate food?
- Drop off: onations can be dropped off at the ALIVE! Warehouse / Alexandria Food Center at 801 South Payne Street anytime Monday through Friday, 8:30 AM12 noon. During these times, volunteers will be available to admit food donors into the warehouse, and show you where to drop off the food.
- Pick-up: The ALIVE! van makes its rounds on most Tuesday mornings and can pick up donated food at your site if you contact us in advance. Please contact John Perlman (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Charlotte Martinsson (email@example.com) to arrange this service.
- Food Drives: Food drives are wonderful and a major source of our donated food. Please contact us as soon as you are considering having a food drivewhether it is initial planning for an annual event or a new project for your organization or neighborhood. We would love to work with you early in the process so we can make sure to provide the best support possible. Please contact Charlotte Martinsson (firstname.lastname@example.org), Susan Pollock (email@example.com) or John Perlman (firstname.lastname@example.org).